Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Best Face Cleansing Regimen

Double cleansing the face is important if you wear makeup.  The first cleansing is to take off the makeup, usaully better with an oil cleanser. The second cleansing helps remove oil out of pores and any left over makeup from the first cleansing.  I like gel foaming type of cleansers for second round cleansing.  Good ones that I use are Avalon Organics gel cleansers, The Body Shop Seaweed gel cleanser, and The Body Shop tea tree cleanser.  I think that we all need to regularly mask with a good clay mask to get rid of blackheads.  I have never had a facial before, nor extractions, because I feel that with regular skincare, I don't need it.  I believe that extractions can temporarily clean pores out but you need to keep it clean.
Do the following at least once a week and you will see improvement.

  1. Wash face and exfoliate
  2. Steam your face for about 5 minutes to open the pores and soften the skin, or shower will do 
  3. Apply a clay mask and let dry for 15 minutes
  4. Don't apply anything that night, let skin breathe with clean pores
  5. You can put your regular stuff on next day
Good clay masks that I have in my bathroom are :
Mary Kay Clarifying Mask 3, http://www.marykay.com/skincare/classicbasicskincare/10347300/10347300/default.aspx
Origins Clear Improvement, http://www.origins.com/product/3857/11588/Skincare/Daily-Essentials/Masks/Clear-Improvement/Active-charcoal-mask-to-clear-pores/index.tmpl
The Body Shop's Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask, http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/facial-masks/prod808821

No comments:

Post a Comment