Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sheet Masks 2011

For those who are not familiar with sheet masks, here are general directions for sheet masks:
1.  Wash and dry face in the evening.  Exfoliation can also be done in step 1.
2.  Spread wet sheet mask on face.
3.  Pick up extra serum that might be running down mask with fingers and spread it around face.
4.  Lay down and relax for 15 minutes while mask does it's wonders.
5.  Peel off mask and spread any remaining serum onto face for extra softness, can be used to soften hands.
6.  Leave serum on all night.
7.  Rinse face with water in the morning and enjoy the glow.

*************************************************************************

I purchased these during my last trip to Japan and Hong Kong.

Sexylook Pearl Whitening Sheet Masks, 10pc, $15:

Kose Clear Turn White Sheet Masks, 26 count box, $12:
I have been using this for over a month now, once or  twice per week.  It's such a big box but the sheets are thin and serum is settled in the bottom so I have to place the package upside down 30 seconds before use so that the next sheet on the top of the package will get soaked up with the serum.  Caution not to leave package upside down for too long as the serum will leak out and get wasted.  The sheets fit comfortably around the face with the holes being well proportioned.  The serum is on the watery side, so I had to lay down to prevent it from running down my face.  My face felt moisturized after I peeled off the paper but it didn't look any brighter instantly.  But I think over time, it does help keep skin clearer and brighter.  I had less break outs with this mask.

Kose Clear Turn Q10 Sheet Masks, 26 count box, $12:

Supia Nano Deep Vitamin C-Q10-Royal Jelly Sheet Masks, 10pc, $60:

I purchased these premium masks during my last trip to Japan because my tour guide raved about them.



Sheet masks from Taiwanese brand My Beauty Diary:

Bulgarian White Rose Mask, 10pc, $13:
I bought these a few months ago and didn't have time to try them until now.  It's Valentine's week so this is perfect to complement all the rose products I am using this week.  Each mask is packaged individually in pretty foil packets, keeping them fresh until you are ready to use.  This way, you don't have to use the same masks continuously until the package is done, like Kose's big count boxes that I reviewed at the top of this page.  This mask has a thicker premium sheet soaked in lightly fragranced serum.  It doesn't have a heavy rose smell like I am expecting, but still a very relaxing frangrance.  There was so much serum that I decided to sqeeze some off the sheet and back into the foil packet for later use.  The sheet size is comfortable.  After 15 minutes, I peeled off the sheet and saw an instant brightening of my face.  Wow, it was a translucent glow.  I am thinking that this could be used right before a special event.  Although the brightening effect disappeared the next morning, my face still looked refreshed and skin is smoother than before.  The serum in this mask is thicker and more moisturizing than others that I have used.  I used the extra serum directly onto my face for a few more days.  Overall I really like this mask and in the long run, it may whiten skin.

Japanese Cherry Blossom Mask, 10pc, $13:

No comments:

Post a Comment