Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cleansers 2011

Philosophy - Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash:
8  oz, $25
16 oz, $37
32 oz, $55

This is one of my favorites face scrubs/cleanser in one products. It's like a basic face wash and scrub in one, saving your time. Try it in the evening before your night time skincare ritual and you will see that it makes your skin absorb better and feel so soft. But it doesn't take off makeup, so if you wear makeup, you can use this as your double wash. I got the big 32 oz from Sephora since that's the best deal and lasts for ever.  I find that if you use this regularly, you will not need to do a separate weekly scrub.



Philosophy - Purity Made Simple :
8  oz, $20
16 oz, $32
24 oz, $40
32 oz, $45.50, this size not always in stock
I tried a sample of this when I bought my Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash.  It's a thick gel texture but doesn't foam at all.  It feels very slick and you could use it as a facial massage product.  The smell is not that great but once you wash it off, you can't smell it anymore.  It does leave skin clean and not over drying but not feeling oily either like other cream cleansers do.  I like my cleansers to foam up so I probably won't be buying this.  This is a great product for those with sensitive combination skin since it feels really gentle.

Zirth - Clean, 8 oz, $20:
Although this line is targeted for men, I find that this cleanser works great for me on my oilier days.  I received a sample of it before and liked it so much that I purchased the full bottle.  It's very concentrated and only need a small dot to make a nice foam for the entire face.  It rinses out completely for squeaky clean feeling.  You get a lot of it too for the price. I like to use it for a pick me up morning wash.  Since it is targeted for men, I don't think it will take off makeup completely so it should be used as second step washing if you wear makeup or morning washing.  This is a bit drying, so not recommended if you have dry skin.

Origins - Zero Oil Deep Pore Cleanser, 5 oz, $18.50:
I got a sample of this when I bought my Clean Energy cleansing oil.  It is a clear gel cleanser that foams up pretty well and rinses completely but can be drying if you don't have oil skin.  This cleanser replaced the old mint version, which I liked better.  This one is ok but doesn't smell as nice as the mint cleanser.

Shiseido - White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam, 4.7 oz, $35:
I had a sample of it last month and loved it.  It's expensive but very concentrated.  I only needed a dot smaller than half of a jelly bean size and it foamed up so much.  The fragrance is very light.  It cleans off light makeup and leaves skin clean but not dry. I don't know if it does anything for whitening but for a product to stay on your face for such a short time, I don't think it will do much.


L'Occitane - Immortelle Brightening Cleansing Foam
5.1 oz, $24
10.1 oz refill, $34
This gentle foaming cleanser contains Immortelle floral water, camomile, raspberry, and strawberry to even out complexion.  I only need to use 2 pumps to clean the whole face and it has a light floral fragrance.  It does remove light makeup and rinses well with no residue.  Face is left very soft after wash.  This is a nice cleanser to repurchase, especially with refill reasonably priced (L'Occitane online only).  I have used this for 2 weeks and have not seen any major skin brightening effect but my skin tone does look good.

kose

 

yu lan

No comments:

Post a Comment